Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sponsor - Nemo Equipment





Today's equipment is incredible. The Nemo META 1P tent that I have been using is a one person lightweight side entry tent. It weights less than 2 pounds and is supported by one of my hiking poles. That means I do not have to carry separate poles just for the tent. It is over 100 inches long so there is plenty of room for myself and gear. Plus there is has a vestibule where I can stow my backpack and muddy shoes out of the rain.

If you look closely at the photo taken through the trees I sleep left to right. The black fat vertical line in the center is my bug netting pulled back to allow entry into the sleeping area. Just to the right of the pulled netting is my hiking pole (in yellow/gold) supporting the tent. Along the left edge of the tent opening is a pulled front flap which is one of two that zipper together out in front to make the vestibule.

In the second photo the vestibule extends from the Nemo Logo to the left. The person who designed the side entry tent is a genius. The old front entry design forced you to either back in or contort yourself to turn around.

There is a large sheltered vent on the backside and a small exhaust vent on the top of the panel with the Nemo Logo. Also either or both of the vestibule flaps can be adjusted as well.

If you have to have a pillow then you need Nemo's Fillo* Backpacking Pillow. It comes in its own storage pouch and is the size of a grapefruit. It self inflates with lacing is provided to stuff clothing, etc., on the backside to increase bulk.

We greatly appreciate Nemo's Sponsorship in donating these items. If you are in the market check out their full line up.

No comments:

Post a Comment